Thursday, February 12, 2015

Spread a Little Joy




Joy changes everything!  It is certainly not easy, but it is courageous and usually contagious.  As I have been writing this blog, I have also been working on my own interactions with the world and I have been challenged to be joyful.   Choosing joy doesn't mean choosing ignorance.  In that scenario everyone would be blissful.  Instead it means to hold a peaceful contentment deep in your soul no matter what is bringing chaos in the environment around you.

I think that having joy brings about change that is noticeable to those around you.  When my foundation is from a perspective of joy, then I am more patient, kind, forgiving, generous with my soul.  I am definitely much more slow to anger and I am noticing that I bounce back from the big, uncomfortable emotions more quickly.

Living joy is courageous.  Try it for a month and you will see why.  Today is a great day to start living from a place of joy.  When we think of changing the world one interaction at a time, it is important to consider joy.  How can our interactions change when we are living joy?  Can we touch the lives of others?

Today's challenge:  Live courageously and choose joy!  Than be intentional about your interactions with others, making sure that you start from a place of joy.  You might just change the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment