If we are to change the world, we must begin with love. I do not love the choices of every person. Nor do I love the behavior of every person I have ever met. However, I am challenging myself to look past behavior, choices, the undesirable characteristics that I see and see the humanity that lies buried within.
If we look past the rough edges what do we see? There we see what was created to be wonderful and beautiful. There we see the what was meant to be before a world of imperfections created a broken version of the original masterpiece. Looking through this lens we can see the beauty of humanity. How can we not be filled with love for the people we encounter when we change our view?
In this view, Gandhi's words make complete sense. Our attitudes are visible and one does influence the other. When our attitudes are in line with love we can appreciate and value the wonder of mankind. In this mindset, our interactions with one another are steeped in kindness, goodness, gentleness and understanding. And those interactions are the foundations of changing the world one interaction at a time.

No comments:
Post a Comment